Importing spelling lists into SpellQuizzer
We have several free spelling lists available for download
These lists are only of use to those using the SpellQuizzer software. If you don't have SpellQuizzer
installed and you have not purchased a license you can click here to download the
free 30 day trial
. To download and import a spelling list follow the steps below. You can also
to see a video tutorial of
importing spelling lists into SpellQuizzer.
- To download a list, click on a list's link and save the list to a place on your computer you can easily locate (such as
the Windows desktop). Do not choose "Open" from your browser. You need to save the file. If
you are using Internet Explorer you should left-click on the file and select "Save" when File Download
dialog is displayed. If you are using Firefox you can right-click on the link and select "Save Link As..."
from the menu that is displayed.
- Start SpellQuizzer if it is not already running.
- Click the Import Spelling List button on the SpellQuizzer main
screen (the lower left hand button). This will bring up the Import List(s) Screen.
- On the Import List(s) Screen you first identify the downloaded spelling list file that you wish to import.
Click the "File to import lists from..." button to locate and select the spelling list file you downloaded.
- Once you have specified the spelling list file a list of available lists from that file will be
displayed (a spelling list file can have more than one list in it). The downloaded list file will
only have one list in it. Check the box next to the list name and then click the OK button.
Once you've completed the above steps the spelling list you downloaded will have been added to the
available SpellQuizzer spelling lists on your computer. You can be quizzed on the list by clicking
the Quiz me on a list
button on the SpellQuizzer main
(the upper left hand button). You can make changes to the list by clicking the Edit
spelling lists button
(the upper right hand button). You can delete the file you downloaded now that
its list has been added to SpellQuizzer.